The Creative Awakenings Facilitator
Training and Mentorship
Opens for Enrollment January 2018!
But…I’m already speaking with those hearing the CALL!
A unique Equus-heART guided apprenticeship
in the stunning landscape of the Rocky Mountains of Colorado
Weaving the Alchemy of Creativity with the Wisdom of the Herd
You’re calling awaits you!
Hello Creative Change Maker!
Imagine a place, where fences don’t exist and you can color outside the lines of life…
Imagine creating a life and business filled with daily passion and joy…
Imagine a place where you can reWILD Your Creative Spirit!
I’d love to share this phenomenal experience with you! Simply enter your details below and be the first to receive the announcement in January! Here’s the online form.
The times they are a changin’, as Bob Dylan once implored. Now more than ever, the world is calling us to action. We are feeling the turbulence that arises when change is in the air. We are feeling the consequences of the antiquated, dominance paradigm of leadership.
The world is desperately in need of creative, inspired, out-of-the-box leaders,
ready to answer the call + serve!
Are you someone seeking inspiration, guidance and a powerful community of like-minded individuals, and ready to live a life of creative purpose and passion?
Are you a life coach, healer, artist, psychotherapist, animal or equine assisted facilitator, ready to passionately + confidently weave the transformative power of expressive arts, ritual and healing practices into your life or work?
Take a breath…close your eyes…LISTEN deeply…do you hear the call?
Maybe it’s a whisper, or maybe a HOWL…
Whatever you do, I implore you…don’t put your dreams on the shelf another day!
Join me, Sheri Gaynor, LCSW, Registered Expressive Arts Therapist and
Author of Creative Awakenings: Envisioning the Life of Your Dreams Through Art
for an extraordinary, life-changing adventure into your heART’s calling…
As a Creative Awakenings Apprentice, you will be supported to uncover, discover and strengthen your sense of SELF, as a personal pathway to becoming an Approved Creative Awakenings Facilitator (ACAF).
As with any journey, the first step begins with us-SELF-and until we have uncovered our own blocks, Venomous Toads and limiting beliefs, we are hard-pressed to lead others in breaking through theirs! The Creative Awakenings 2018 Facilitator training is an experiential and deeply personal experience. During your training, you’ll be supported to walk some creative miles of your own, to create a solid foundation from which to manifest your dream of creatively awakening and facilitating others.
The facilitator training will give you the tools, techniques, and resources you will need to become a fully engaged, authentic, creative facilitator and leader in your community, as an Approved Creative Awakenings Facilitator (ACAF)! My hope is that in making this commitment to yourSELF, you will not only learn to support people in the Creative Awakenings model, you will graduate from the training more awake, more alive, more confident and READY to lead!
This program is for:
- Anyone seeking to bring the power and wisdom of the creative process into their life
- Anyone interested in creating a business filled with joy and passion
- Professionals seeking to infuse their practice or work with the power of creativity
- Therapists, coaches, social workers, agency and organizational staff
- Anyone interested in the field of creative leadership
Horse As Guide, Horse As Partner, Horse As Mentor
The Creative Awakenings Facilitator Training is revolutionizing expressive arts training programs, by weaving the healing power of equine facilitated experiential learning and personal development, into our curriculum.
Through the intuitive wisdom of horses, participants will have an opportunity to uncover limiting patterns and beliefs and experience powerful breakthroughs, prior to becoming a creative leader to others. We must be willing to travel to the places we desire to lead others, to be truly authentic guides.
Here’s how the Creative Awakenings facilitator training will support you to become a confident expressive arts facilitator
- Step into a NURTURING, fun and creative learning environment, that gives you all the information and training you will need to step out and SHINE YOUR LIGHT as an Approved Creative Awakenings Facilitator.
- Shift HAPPENS: Put yourself in the front of the line of your life, stand in your truth and personal power, understand and overcome limiting beliefs that have kept you from living a joyous and purposeful life.
- Reconnect with your passionate, AWAKE and authentic self
- DEEPEN your understanding of the arts and spirituality
- EnVISION and CREATE your unique personal expression of creative leadership.
The Creative Awakenings Training Juice!
The facilitator training has its roots in my book Creative Awakenings: Envision the Life of Your Dreams Through Art (2009, Northlight books, F+W Publishing, 2015 New Insight Press, 2nd Edition). You will learn:
Foundations of Creative Awakenings and Expressive Arts Principles:
- The Practice and Guiding Principles of Creative Awakenings
- The History, Foundations, and Practice of Expressive Arts
- Group Work with all ages and levels
- Deepening self-awareness, expanding intuition, holding sacred space, creating a supportive container
- Connect to your innate intuitive and creative wisdom
Creative Awakenings Process:
- Learn to guide clients in creating a Book of Dreams Journal
- Learn to create a Tin Symbol and guide others in finding their personal symbol
- Learn to guide:
- Creative Awakenings Processes: Visual Journaling (creating an intention page, color washing, mediums, etc), collage and mixed-media techniques, intuitive drawing
- Creating a Milestone Passport
- How to create a Deck of Transformation for self and clients
Expressive Arts and Somatic Process + Ritual
- Experience: Meditation, Guided Imagery, Sound and Movement, Wild Heart Dancing, Mirroring
- Learn to Guide:
- Mask-making, clay work, ritual
- Guided imagery and centering meditation
- Experience intuitive painting for self-awareness and insight
WHY CREATIVE AWAKENINGS and Eponaquest WITH HORSES?
Sheri is a Eponaquest Instructor. Her Eponaquest designations include Equine Facilitated Learning, Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (State of Colorado Only) and Power of the Herd. Sheri is also a Certified Level 2, EAGALA instructor.
As prey animals, horses are master teachers and healers. Creative Awakenings International brings the power and wisdom of the herd into our training modules, as both a partnership and a vehicle for personal transformation. Your experience with the herd is a profound and unique way for CA apprentices to develop confidence and authentic leadership skills.
- Uncover, identify and release limiting and circular patterns
- Enhance ways of relating and communicating
- Deepen your intuitive wisdom Build confidence and compassion
Requirements: Absolutely NO EXPERIENCE with horses is required and you do NOT need to be teaching others to work with the horses upon graduation, to join the apprenticeship.
EPONAQUEST BONUS: The apprenticeship will cover the basic requirements for acceptance of Advanced Eponaquest classes and the Eponaquest Apprenticeship Program.
The apprenticeship will include all tenants of the Creative Awakenings teaching model, as well as Eponaquest philosophies, skills and activities required to prepare an individual for advanced Eponaquest work:
• Using emotion as information (Emotional Message Chart)
• Accessing a more authentic, creative presence (False Self/Authentic Self)
• Body Scan: using the body as a sensing device
• Setting Boundaries: establishing and maintaining clear and consistent personal space (Energy Boundary Work)
• Recognizing and moving beyond conditioned behaviors and thought patterns (Meet the Herd)
• Hands-on activities with horses as guides (Reflective Round Pen, Embodying the Goal, Leadership Through Relationship)
• Developing essential skills for building Authentic Community.
The Apprenticeship – REAL TIME EXPERIENCE!
- Create a dream group practicum in your area during your training
- Receive a Dream Ally to support action and accountability
- Personal presentations and mentorship via web conferencing
- Mentorship and practice, facilitating from a place of authenticity and confidence
- Personal and theoretical discussions and applications
- Learn and utilize the Creative Awakenings tools and techniques in REAL TIME, to feel confident and ready to take your next step!
- Create and graduate with specific plan of action
Luv Notes…In Their Words
2012 Approved Creative Awakenings Facilitators, speak about their Creative Awakenings Training experience.
**Please note. Upon graduation, 6-months of once a month group supervision with Sheri is required to support you in staying on your path.
YES! I am ready. Please send me my private invitation and more information. Fill out my online form.